ComplyBook is a unit of Aritone Global Ventures Limited. The Terms of Service governs the Service rendered by ComplyBook (Hereinafter referred to as the “service provider”). The Terms represent the entire agreement and understanding between the service provider and the user and these terms supersede all documents or verbal consents or understandings (if any) given or made between the user and Service Provider prior to the date of these terms.
AcceptanceBy accessing or using any online services (or any offline services ancillary to online services), software, data feeds or content as provided to the user on, from, or through the Service Provider's website or mobile application (collectively forming the "Service"), it shall be deemed that the user has carefully read, understood and further has agreed to the terms of service, as incorporated hereunder. The Service Provider may, at its sole discretion, change, revise or modify the terms of services at any time, with or without notice. The continued use of the services following the modifications or changes shall be inferred as the acceptance to the revised terms. The changes, revisions or modifications shall be made effective for all users upon updating the revised terms on the website of the Service Provider. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits to users of the service.
Our ServicesComplyBook is an intelligent cloud-based Compliance Tracking and Management Solution which provides a distinctive service of aiding, tracking and managing Compliance through its Compliance Management Solution (CMS). With its proficiency, any organization irrespective of its size, setup, nature of work, or location can manage its compliance in a prudent, cost-effective, systematized manner. The service is private and shall be available only to the organizations/ users that have subscribed to the plans, as the Service Provider provides the access of the service only to its subscribers.
ComplyBook’s Management Solution is an industry oriented compliance solution, which is powered by reliable and latest technology that lets the user scale with its compliance need. The team of experienced Consultants from diverse background, together and severally, provide service including but not limited to providing industry specific comprehensive list of legal and statutory compliance, laying out the Compliance details and procedure, assessing the risk of default with the possible strategic solution, issuing alerts for renewal as per the scheduled stipulated timeline, articles and research papers on the amendments, notifications, circulars and their impact on the compliance, organizing presentations and workshops for the Users. The Service Provider shall time to time make additions to the scope of service.
Details of Service, Pricing
a) The tabular representation of the subscription plans is detailed herein-below:
Feature Type 1 month 12 Months Enterprise Pricing Free Trial Starts from
Customized package Duration 1 month 12 Months Flexible Compliance List Accessible Accessible Accessible Track Compliance Applicable Applicable Applicable Customer Support Applicable Applicable Applicable Phone Consultation 5 credits 60 credits Unlimited Expert Appointmen 1 meet 12 meets As per requirement Features Upgrade Applicable Applicable Applicable Compliance Manager Not Assigned Assigned Assigned Full Feature Access Applicable Applicable Applicable Compliance Workshop Eligible Eligible Eligible Suitable for
Above pricing list does not include any custom packages made for any organization as a part of promotion or complimentary waiver/ addition/ extension of any fee or duration for any subscriber.
Any service mentioned in above table will only be available during the period, and upon expiry of duration, the most of the services will be automatically discontinued.
The following definitions will elaborate upon the functionality and the peculiarity of service offered in the subscription plans:-
- a) Compliance List - The Service Provider will extend an exhaustive list of statutory and legal compliance post the successful registration of the user. Each compliance title will further be dissected into 3 categories being Overview, Compliance Procedure and the Risk and Consequences for non-compliance. The list will assess the severity of each head or title of compliance which shall further assist the user to navigate the compliance cycle.
- c) Phone Consultation- The subscription plan offers phone consultation for the user enabling the user to seek clarifications, consultation and any other information relevant to the service from the expert team of the Service Provider. The number of permitted phone calls differs from the plan opted by the User and the same can be increased subject to payment of an additional amount.
- d) Expert Meet – Client satisfaction is the priority of the Service provider, therefore, it also extends the facility of personally meeting the Expert. The meeting can be easily scheduled by requesting for the same through calls, email or online by a few clicks. The meeting will be conducted at the registered office of the service provider being 403, New Delhi House, 27, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi-110001.
The user’s account shall clearly reflect the balance consultation credits and permitted meets alongwith the details of exhausted and remaining credits.
- i) Limit Per Month: There are specified credits and meetings in the ComplyBook account, which are limited and specific to the subscription plan opted by the user. This can be increased either on complimentary basis or payment basis.
- ii) Carry Forward: The unused credits and meetings of any month will not be carried forward to the subsequent month.
- iii) Advance Usage: The user are allowed to use the credits and meets in advance which may be subject to adjustment in case of claim of refund for remaining subscription duration.
- iv) Compliance Workshop – The Service Provider through various workshops and conferences will further demonstrate the process and shall further ensure the smooth functioning of the compliance cycle by provide legal consultation and updates on new and amended laws.
The subscription may start with a free trial as opted by the Subscriber. The dura tion of the free trial period is of 30 days and is suitable for assessment of features and formulated intending to allow new members/subscribers. The service provider shall charge the subscription fees for the next billing cycle as per the payment plan at the end of the free trial period.
That the user and the Service provider have different roles defining their rights and obligations.
- a) Client - the subscriber shall avail the services by choosing one of the subscription plan as offered by the Service Provider. The user will be entitled to phone consultations, expert meets, detailed industry specific compliance list, compliance details and provisions, procedure to be followed, risk and penal consequences of non-compliance, alerts and severity of the status of compliance and its management.
- b) Sub-user - Keeping in mind the complex and intricate nature of work of the Startups, MSME, SME, Corporations and Professionals and the complexities and requirement of compliance in the industry, the Service Provider accommodates an authorized representative i.e. an individual,duly assigned by the User, to manage the compliance in part or in full, on behalf of the user. The said authorized representative is categorized as a Sub-user, who shall be entitled to access and upload data, to act and to make payment on instructions and behalf of the User. The User is vicariously liable for the acts and conduct of the Sub-User during the period subscription and in connection thereof. The service provider shall retain the details of the sub-user for security reasons
- c) Client Compliance Manager - the Service Provider offers atypical service of providing a Client Compliance Manager (hereinafter referred to as “CCM”). The CCM is an industry specific Compliance expert, who puts the critical information and guidance that the user needs in a convenient, easy to understand, accessible format. The user may manage its compliance through the team of service provider or through the CCM. The CCM will be client specific and shall have all the details and information of the client. The CCM enables the User in reducing the complexity, through the systematized and controlled digital process and helps in navigating the compliance cycle. The user can raise queries and submit data with the CCM.
In quest of providing the best of services, the Service Provider may alter, amend, change or discontinue the service, or any part of it, in order to make performance or security improvements, to augment the features and functionality, to improve and update the service as per the amendments and relevant prevailing laws and/or in order to prevent illegal activities on or abuse of the system. The service provider will balance and consider the impact of such changes on the use of the Service. The service provider may notify the user in case it discontinues or makes material change to the service, however, the same cannot be guaranteed in cases where the security and operations of the service is at risk, in order to prevent abuse or to meet legal requirements on an urgent basis. The terms shall further apply to upcoming services until notified separately.
Customer SupportClient satisfaction is the prime concern of the Service Provider herein, therefore, ComplyBook offers users constant support and assistance. The users may address their account-related and/or payment-related queries by calling on the toll free support number 1800 120 2403 or on the whatsapp support number +91 989 913 4403. The user can further address their concern by clicking on customer support on the website and by providing the required details mentioned in the form. The user can also reach out to the service provider by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Service Provider undertakes to address the queries and concerns of the subscribers promptly and with utmost sincerity."
Terms of Payment and RenewalThe services rendered by the Service Provider are governed by the terms of payment as follows:
- i) ComplyBook collects the payment in advance for the use of service. All services as rendered by the service provider are non-refundable. The user will exhaust the Consultation credits and permitted meets with each passing month irrespective of the use.
- ii) The subscription fee and any other charges which the user may incur towards the use of the service, such as taxes and possible transaction fees, will be charged from the user “as per actuals” on the specific billing date and will be mentioned in the billing.
- iii) The length of the billing cycle will depend on the type of subscription that the user opts for at the time of subscription. (Reference to clause 3 (a))
- iv) To use the service, the user must provide one or more Payment Methods. If the attempt to make the payment is not successful, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, the Service Provider shall not be held liable and only the third party or the payment gateway shall be held liable.
b) Updating the Subscription plan and Renewal
- i) The user can further update the Subscription Plan by initiating a support ticket from his account or contacting the team of service provider through email@example.com. Following the update, the service provider shall charge the fee as per the subscription plan so updated.
- ii) The service provider will issue reminders and alerts to the user before the due date of payment, thereby providing considerable amount of time to remit the payment. In case the user fails to renew its plan, the Service Provider will be at liberty to suspend the access of the service until the complete payment.
Cancellation and Refund
a) Cancellation and Deleting the Account of the User
- i) The subscription to ComplyBook will continue until terminated or expired. The user may seek cancellation at any time and the user shall have the access through the end of the billing period.
- ii) The Service provider shall delete the account of the user on request, however, a database of the basic information of the said user shall be maintained in the servers of the Service Provider for security and billing.
- iii) The Service Provider also may terminate the subscription and/or account of the user at any time, in part or in full, with or without notice, if the conduct of the user is in breach of the terms of service; if the Service Provider has reasonable apprehension that the conduct of the said user may harm the service provider, its affiliates and/or any third party and/or the public at large; if the acts of the user in any way are illegal and contrary to the law or by the orders of the court of law.
b) Refund Policy
The users of the Subscription plan of 12 months will have the option to cancel their Subscription plan. Refund amount will be granted on pro rate basis for unexpired months and unused credits & meets after the necessary adjustment for taxes, if required. Cancellation request will take effect from the last day of the month in which the plan has been withdrawn. The refund shall be processed within 2 weeks from the successful completion of cancellation formalities, however, the service provider shall approach the said user for feedback and to resolve any dispute or issue/concern resulting in the cancellation request.
c) Illustrations of refund cases
If subscription plan for 12 months commenced from 15.07.2019 to 14.07.2020 and the request for cancellation has been made on 10thof November 2019. On bare perusal it is clear that the user has completed 4 months, however, if the cancellation request would have been made done on or after 15th November, 2019 and on or before 14th December, 2019, then it would have been treated as 5 months of subscription.
Provided that for calculation of refund, the Service Provider considers Phone Consultation @Rs.100/- per Consultation (Rupees One Hundred Only) and Expert Meet @Rs.500/- per Meet (Rupees Five Hundred Only).
The subscription amount for the following cases is Rs. 12,000/-, wherein the limit of phone consultation credits allowed are 5 per month out of total 60 credits and the number of expert meet is 1 per month out of 12 meets.
S.No. Total phone
( excess usage)
for excess of usage
(Rs. 100 per phone;
Rs. 500 per meet)
Case 1 25 (0) 5 (0) Rs. 5000/- 0 Rs. 7000/ Case 2 30 (5) 5 excess 8 (3) 3 excess Rs. 5000/- 5*Rs.100/- =Rs.500/-
Rs. 4000/ Case 3 20 (0) 3 (0) Rs. 5000/- 0 Rs. 7000/
Responsible use and Conduct
- a) In order to access the service, the user may be required to provide and upload certain information such as contact details, email id, phone number, GST number, Pan Card details, etc. of the user and the sub-user, as part of the registration process. The user shall ensure that the information is correct, accurate, and up to date.
- b) The user is further suggested to submit documents over platform which are already available in public domain and also the user should exercise great caution before submitting any sensitive data on the platform and any such document shall be password protected. Alternatively, user can send the document over email to concerned CCM in unavoidable circumstances.
- c) The user shall access and/or use the messaging platform for communication related to compliance consultation and incidental communication thereto. The user shall refrain from using the platform of the Service Provider for any personal communication, any act against any state, any country, any organization to malign its image, its integrity, its sovereignty etc.
- d) Accessing (or attempting to access) any of the services and resources of ComplyBook through any means other than what the service provider offers, is strictly prohibited. The user specifically and unequivocally agrees not to access (or attempt to access) any of the resources and services, in part or in full, through any automated, unethical or unconventional means for any immoral, illegal or ulterior motive of harnessing the potential for public policy.
- e) The user is under strict and absolute liability for all information and activities under its account. The user shall be solely responsible for any consequences, loss, or damage that the service provider may directly or indirectly suffer or incur due to such unauthorized activities conducted by the user, as explained above, and the same may incur criminal or civil liability on the user
- f) The service provider can at its own discretion remove any information or content that, it feels does not comply with the Terms of Service, along with any information or content that it feels is otherwise offensive, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or violates any third party rights.
Warranty and Restrictions
The use of services are subjected to the reasonable restrictions and a warranty disclaimer which are detailed herein-below:-
a) Warranty Disclaimer
- i) The user agrees that the use of the service shall be at the sole risk of the user/subscriber. To the fullest extent permitted by law, ComplyBook, its owners, operators, consultants, affiliates, licensors and licensees exclude all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the services and the use thereof
- ii) Notwithstanding the efforts is made to ensure the accuracy and update of the material, the service provider admits no liability in relation to the accuracy, completeness, usefulness or otherwise of the service for any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies, (ii) damage or loss of any nature whatsoever, resulting from the access to and use of the service, (iii) any unauthorized access of the secure servers organized and held by the Service Provider and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the service, (iv) any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or similar interceptions which may be transmitted to or through the service by any third party, and/or (v) any errors or omissions in any service or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any service available on the website, emailed to the user, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service. The material on the website shall not be construed to as a statement of law. The user shall seek legal and /or professional advice where appropriate.
- iii) ComplyBook does not guarantee, endorse assume responsibility or warrant any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the service or any hyperlinked service or featured in any banner or other advertising, and ComplyBook will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between the user and any third-party provider of products or services. For the purchase of any product or service through any medium, the user shall exercise great caution where appropriate.
- iv) ComplyBook and its Affiliates will not be responsible for lost profits, revenues, or data; loss of opportunity or anticipated savings; indirect or consequential losses, or punitive damages (in all cases whether such losses were foreseeable or not).
- i) The user is not permitted to reproduce, download, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, alter, modify or otherwise use any part of the Service except: (i)as specifically permitted by ComplyBook; (ii)with prior written permission from ComplyBook and, if applicable, the respective rights holders; or (iii)as permitted by applicable law;
- ii) Circumvent, disable, fraudulently engage, or otherwise interfere with the Service (or attempt to do any of these things), including security-related features or features that: (i) prevent or restrict the copying or other use of service; or (ii) limit the use of the Service;
- iii) Access the Service using any automated means (such as robots, botnets or scrapers) or collect or use any information that might identify a person (for example, harvesting usernames), unless permitted by that person;
- iv) Use the Service to distribute unsolicited promotional or commercial content or other unwanted or mass solicitations (spam);
iv) In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to the use of Content.
- a) The Service, trademarks, service marks and logos ("Marks") on the Service, are owned by or licensed to ComplyBook either directly or through its parent company, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law.
- b) The user may access service solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. The user shall not copy, reproduce, make available online or electronically transmit, publish, adapt, distribute, transmit, broadcast,display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any service for any other purposes without the prior written consent of ComplyBook. The service provider and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.
- c) The user agrees to not circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use of the Service therein.
Except for the rights specifically granted herein, each party shall retain its respective Intellectual Property owned by them prior to the Effective Date of the Terms of Service. Intellectual property shall include without limitation all rights to and any interests in any patent, design, trade mark, copyright, know-how, trade secret and any other proprietary right or form of intellectual property (whether protectable by registration or not) customer list, agreement, specification, device, design, system, process, logo, mark or style (“Intellectual Property”).
All Intellectual Property provided by and/or on behalf of ComplyBook, in any form whatsoever, which is owned by or licensed to ComplyBook prior to being provided to the user, shall remain the property of ComlyBook (“ComplyBook Intellectual Property”). The user shall acquire no right, title or interest in the ComplyBook Intellectual Property as a result of its performance of the Services. Neither Party shall reverse engineer, de-scramble nor de-compile the other Party‘s Intellectual Property. Notwithstanding anything contained, ComplyBook represents that it owns or has the right to use all rights to the Intellectual Property which it shall use to perform the Service pursuant to this Agreement.
a) Information we collect
The Service Provider may request the user to provide information such as name, phone number, e mail address, postal address, type of business, user id and password etc. If required, the user shall also be asked to provide other information material for rendering the services, however, the Service Provider calls upon the user to exercise great caution at all times and to provide only the necessary and limited information which is non-personal and is available or accessible to the general public and shall use common practice measures such as password protection on documents etc. However, in certain circumstances (not recommended) can provide the sensitive and confidential data directly to the Compliance Manager, which shall be used for internal and specific purposes only.
b) Modification to terms
c) Data protection and Disclaimer
- i) The service provider discloses the information provided to the Service provider only to its compliance manager, consultants, affiliates, technicians and affiliated organization, irrespective of the location, that need to be informed on behalf of the Service Provider and/or to provide services available on the website. The service provider also undertakes not to disclose the said information to others.
- ii) The Service Provider takes all possible measures to protect the potentially personally-identifying data of the user against the unauthorized use, access, alteration or destruction.
- iii) The details, information or data of the user shall be kept confidential unless the required by any court of law, authority and in case of any criminal breach to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the website, to limit the legal liability, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of visitors of this website or the general public.
- iv) The service provider is committed to protect the information and data of the user with high security. The provider uses latest cloud technology, scheduled backup and firewalls to protect the personal information during data transfer and transmission.
- v) The Service Provider undertakes to exercise all physical, electronic, and administrative measures to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information and/or data that the provider collects. The provider limits the people having the information and/or data with access to the database servers, by employing electronic security systems and password protection to guard the data against any unauthorized access or use.
- vi) The provider may periodically send promotional emails about new services or amendments, offers or other information to the email address which the user have provider.
- viii) The Service provider does not represent that the information available for download and otherwise from the website is completely error-free and accurate or the servers that make this Portal available and free of viruses or harmful components. Notwithstanding the reasonable care taken by the provider to make the database completely reliable and error-free, the Service provider claims exemption from any liability arising out of any such error in the data base.
Limited Liability and Indemnity
The liability of the Service provider is limited as against the service, its use or its affects. Further, the user is liable to indemnify the service provider and the terms of liability and indemnity are hereunder:-
a) Limited Liability
- i) Under no circumstances shall the Service Provider be held liable for any User for any loss, injury, claim, liability or damages of any kind resulting from the use or the inability to use the service,
- ii) The service provider shall not be liable for any damage including but not limited to special, direct, incidental, punitive, exemplary or consequential, of any kind whatsoever in any way, resulting or arising out of the use of service or the inability to use the service.
- iii) ComplyBook makes reasonable effort to ensure that the information provided on the website or the application is accurate, however, the service provider does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy, adequacy, correctness, validity, completeness or suitability for any purpose. The service provider accepts no responsibility with respect to the accuracy of information on the website or application and does not represent that the information is completely error-free and accurate or that the server that controls the website or application, are free of viruses or harmful components. Notwithstanding the due caution and care as undertaken by the service provider herein to ensure that the database is completely reliable and error-free, the service provider seeks and claims exemption from any liability arising out of any such error in the database.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, the user agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the service provider i.e. ComlyBook, its parent corporation, affiliates, consultants, licensors, licensee, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to the legal and the litigation fees) arising from
- i) The use and illegal use of and access to the Service by the user;
- ii) The violation of any term of these Terms of Service by the user;
- iii) The violation by the user of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or
- iv) The claim that the Service caused damage to a third party.
- v) In case the user causes a technical disruption to the website or the application or in the systems transmitting the service to the user or others
- v) The service provider reserves its right, at its own expense, to assume exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by the user and, in such case, the user agrees to co-operate with the service provider in the defense of such matter.
About these terms
- a) Delay and Force majeure- The Service Provider shall not be liable, in part of in full, for any delay or failure to provide the service or to perform any obligation on its part hereunder to the extent that such delay or failure is due to circumstances beyond its control being hacking of the website or the application of the service provider, act of god, war, hostilities, invasion, mobilization, requisition or embargo, rebellion of military or usurped power or civil war, riot, commotion, strike, lock out or disorder, acts or threat of terrorism and others. All rights, remedies, undertakings, obligations and agreements contained in these terms shall be cumulative, and none of them shall be a limitation of any other right, remedy, undertaking, obligation, or agreement of any of the parties.
- c) Severance- If one or more of the provisions of the terms of service becomes void or unenforceable as a matter of law, then the Terms of Service will be construed as if such provision were not contained herein and the remainder of the terms will remain in full force and effect.
- d) Severance- Jurisdiction- The competent courts at New Delhi shall have the jurisdiction to settle any dispute or try any suit arising out of or in relation to the terms of Service. These terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the prevailing laws of India.
- d) Arbitration- In case there is a dispute arising out of the service rendered by the Service Provider as governed by these terms or out of the terms or its interpretation, the same shall be referred to Arbitration. In case there is a dispute between the CCM and the User/Sub-User, the Arbitrator shall be appointed by ComplyBook and the same shall be governed by the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (amended upto date). In case the dispute arises between ComplyBook and CCM or ComplyBook and the User/ Sub-User, the arbitrator shall be appointed by ComplyBook from the list of nominated arbitrators. The seat and place of the Arbitration shall be at New Delhi only.